A trip to the beach is a lot like a trip to the craft store! There are so many natural elements available for crafting and being creative, and sand has a beautiful and unexpected texture to add to your decor. Making a sand covered candle votive is extremely easy, and looks simple and striking.
Beach Craft Sand Covered Votive Candles-
You will need:
- A selection of glass votives or glass covered candles with labels pulled off. The dollar store is a great resource for dirt cheap glassware.
- Elmer’s Glue
- Sand! Maybe it’s from the beach your currently visiting, or maybe it’s from the craft store. Be aware – very course sand wont work as well as fine sand for this craft.
- Wash any sticky glue left over from labels on your candle glassware, let dry.
- Thickly apply Elmer’s glue to small sections of the votive at a time.
- Dip into your sand, and then move to a new section.
- Check for any areas that need more sand, and once the votive is fully covered, gently tap it on your counter to allow the excess sand to fall off.
- Dry for 48 hours and enjoy! Feel free to add ribbon or glue shells on the votive if that’s your style. I personally love it it simple and spare!
Here is a quick video showing how I did mine. Seriously- the hardest thing about this craft is just believing all you need is glue!
Happy Crafting – and Happy Beach time!
Looking for more Beach Crafts? Check out how to make a Beach Sand Handprint!