Not only can you get “pirate” makeovers there, but you can also choose between Empress & mermaid makeovers for girls, as well as multiple pirate faces or a special Jake and the Never Land Pirates makeover for boys! Its a lot of fun, and a great alternative to the Bippity Boppity Boutique makeovers also offered at Disney.
Not only is it much cheaper, but its a completely immersive and novel experience! From the moment you receive your new pirate name, to the moment your makeover ends with a trip to the secret pirate treasure room – you will feel whisked away to a faraway land of friendly but roguish crew of pirates!
Some Things to know:
- Check in 15 minutes before the start of your experience. You will be assigned a pirate name in a really neat way before you makeover even starts!
- Aspiring pirates joining the League must be at least 3 years of age or older. Adults are also welcome! We saw lots!
- The Pirates League is located between the entrance of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and the Plaza del Sol Bazaar.
- Kids can take part in a pirate parade every afternoon lead by Captain Jack Sparrow!
- You can choose from packages starting at $29.99 (that’s what we did, we brought our own costumes from home!)
- Book your makeover as soon as possible if you want it for a day that Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party is offered. Those spots fill most quickly.
- You can sometimes find “Pirate Goofy” outside taking pictures, ask a cast member when he will be there!
- If you have Photo Pass+ the photos they take of you in the treasure room are already included in your package, no need to buy them!
We really enjoyed our Pirates League experience! It was a great daddy/daughter date and it was so fun to escape into a very kid friendly pirate world. There is very little if anything scary about this experience. The Pirates treasure den is a little dimly lit, but other than that I cant think of anything else that might spook a child. And if your an adult and it sounds like fun – don’t hesitate to go! On our visit, half the chairs were filled with adults getting turned into snarling, battle worn pirates!
Have you ever gone to The Pirates League at Disney World? What did you think?!
Want to see where we stayed at Disney?
What we thought of Disney Dinning?
Some of our favorite places to eat at Disney?