I wasn’t born in Arlington Texas, or even in the state of Texas for that matter. But, I’m so proud to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and to call it my chosen home. And Arlington Texas holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons, chief among them – it’s people are unabashedly passionate and friendly. Seriously, ask an Arlingtonite for their opinion on something – and you get an ear full! Ask them for help – they will offer you their hand. And not only are the people of Arlington Texas incredible… but so are the options when you want to go out!
Holiday fun is no exception. Arlington Texas probably has more options, than you have time! So here is a list of six places you might want to celebrate the holidays at, when you visit Arlington!
1. Decorators Warehouse – This is one of my favorite places to bring family and friends that visit me in Texas! Equally fun in July or December – Decorators Warehouse brings Christmas preparedness to a whole nother’ level, ya’ll.
Decorator’s Warehouse, Texas’ #1 Christmas Store, is the largest Christmas store in Texas – and also one of the largest in the world! They also have the Rose Garden Tea Room where you can soak up Victorian decor as well as sample yummy eats. I recommend their ham quiche, and cream of Asparagus soup if you are lucky enough to go when that’s on their ever changing specials!
After a bit to eat, plan to spend an hour or more just browsing all of their themed Christmas trees. It’s a lovely and unique day trip!
2. Six Flags Over Texas – It may be 75 degrees in Texas right now, but that’s no reason not to go sledding down a snow hill! Holiday in the Park has sledding and so many more fun activities. Campfire Holiday S’mores stations are set up all around the park with crackling fires for toasting. Enjoy Storytime with Mrs. Claus, Reindeer Meet and Greet, Visit with Santa, or the Reindeer Holi-daze Dance Party!
Fun fact – 2017 Holiday in the Park has over 900 tons of snow, will have over 250 group performances before it closes, and over one million twinkling holiday lights! Fun for everyone in your family, young or old!
3. Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery – A DFW staple, this Arlington bakery has been seen on Cooking Channel. It’s perhaps best known locally for it’s ability to get Arlington residents out of tough gift giving situations – by offering a line of “signature Party Cakes” at the same price point. Just choose your flavor and style – and you are ready to celebrate anything! Talk about the best Holiday Party contribution ever – these cakes wow!
Just need a quick nosh before Holiday shopping? Stop in for a coffee made to order, and a baked good to give you the needed sugar boost before braving the holiday stores!
4. Legal Draft– How does a trial lawyer and a medical logistics professional wind up founding a craft brewery? About 15 years ago, Greg (the lawyer) and Curt (the logistics guy) had a great idea, and all of Arlington (and surrounding DFW) is sure glad they did! Because, now you can enjoy the craft beer revolution and participate in the revitalization of downtown Arlington at the same time. Located in the Urban Union area – no place has a cooler more laid back vibe!
Plus – they have holiday flavored beers among their usual fare. So say cheers to another Holiday season with a Legal Holiday brew in your hand! You’ll be feeling jolly in no time!
5. Symphony Arlington – is presenting a special holiday program this year, called Holiday in Vienna! Symphony Arlington will perform Vaughan Williams’s “Hymn” from Hodie, selections from Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, and Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride”! Other winter favorites will have sugar plum fairies dancing in your head, as you take part in the Symphony Arlington’s Annual Holiday Sing-along!
Perfect for families and children of all ages!
6. Enchant – It doesn’t get better than spending the evening exploring the World’s Largest Light Maze! You are on a hunt to find all 9 of Santa’s Reindeer, and your journey takes you through incredible light displays! Pick a food truck for dinner, and then shop for the perfect gift on Christkindl Lane! Want to know more?
Check out my full review of Enchant!
*Bonus Tip* Want to be at the most anticipated and exclusive New Years Eve Party in Arlington? Keep an eye on Urban Alchemy, the hot new Coffee & Wine Bar is rumored to be opening NYE night!
As you can see -you can’t go wrong spending your holidays in Arlington, TX. There is something here for every age and interest.
The only real question is…what will you do first?
GIVEAWAY: Want to win 4 tickets to Six Flags over Texas?
Thanks to the Arlington Texas CVB for partnering with me to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.