There is no yummier drink, than Baileys Irish Cream, right? Well the only thing better, may in face be this Baileys Irish Cream MOUSSE recipe! So easy, and so thick. I actually turned one of the teacups I was serving this in, upside down! And not a drop of this delectable dessert budged, until I took a heaping spoonful!
It may look like a sophisticated dessert – but I promise it’s one of the very easiest you will ever make. And best of all – no cooking!
You will need:
- 2 tsp. Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. of Cold Water
- ¼ c. Boiling Water
- ½ c. White Granulated Sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1½ c. Heavy Whipping Cream, Cold
- ½ c. Baileys Irish Cream, Cold
- 1½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
Baileys Irish Cream Mousse Directions:
Before starting – prep your bowl and metal beaters by making sure they are very clean and dry. Then get them very cold before starting this recipe by placing them in your freezer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle gelatin over very cold water in small dish. Stir well.
- Add your boiling water. Stirring until the gelatin is totally dissolved, put aside to bloom.
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; add heavy cream.
- Use your beaters at medium speed until stiff peaks start to form.
- Add in your Baileys Irish Cream, vanilla extract, and gelatin mixture.
- Continue beating, but now at a high speed until totally incorporated.
- When soft peaks begin to form, stop beating and set aside in refrigerator for a few minutes to get a bit thicker.
- Last -Spoon the Mousse into whatever serving dishes you will be using. And place them into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Keep in the fridge until your ready to eat!
Pairs perfectly with coffee! Mint leaves would also make a lovely garnish.
Want to see all the steps for making Baileys Irish Cream Mousse? Here is a video showing every step!