My daughter and I recently spent a delightful afternoon at The Shops at Willow Bend – visiting the Greater Plano Kiwanis Butterfly Festival! My daughter is currently raising some butterflies at home – so this exhibit and conservatory tour was timed perfectly for her interests. But even if your child is just beginning to have an interest in nature – this DFW Butterfly Festival is sure to enchant them!
The highlight for my daughter, was that every entrant gets a chance to feed a butterfly! One butterfly kept landing on her finger and hovering around her head. The conservatory has 150 butterflies – so you’re bound to get a good look!
Festival Highlights include:
- A guided tour through our charming butterfly conservatory
- Witness living caterpillars, chrysalises and adult butterflies up close
- Everyone gets to feed a butterfly
- Our friendly winged friends enjoy landing on visitors’ heads and shoulders
- Participate in a FREE craft activity
- Learn about the butterfly life cycle from our knowledgeable staff
- Raise your own caterpillars at home with our take home butterfly kits
- Enjoy a special Story Time with The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Fully stocked gift shop: gifts for all ages!
- May 6 – 29th. Grand Court location, at The Shops at Willow Bend.
(This post may contain Affiliate Links)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday 10am to 8pm.
Sunday – 2pm to 6pm
Adults – $6.00
Children – $5.00
Under the age of 2, Free. Portion of proceeds benefit The Greater Plano Kiwanis Club
- School Field Trips available. Booking can be arranged at 248-885-0447
Story Time with The Hungry Caterpillar:
Your child can participate in an interactive reading of Eric Carle’s beloved children’s book. Follow the caterpillar as he feasts his way through the book! Them complete a fun caterpillar craft. Story time recommended for ages 2-8 years old. Space is limited, and ticket price gets you into the conservatory tour as well.
More Booking info at: www.adoptabutterfly.com
Looking for more Butterfly Fun? You can buy your own Butterfly Kit at the exhibit along with lots of other fun Butterfly items in the retail store! Inspired to watch the life cycle of a Butterfly at home? Check out this Butterfly Feeder and Butterfly Habitat!
It’s the perfect season to celebrate and enjoy the new life brought to us in Spring! Check out The Greater Plano Kiwanis Butterfly Festival this May, and share the magic of Nature with your family!
More info: www.adoptabutterfly.com
Thanks to The Shops at Willow Bend for entrance into the Festival to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.