This post is brought to you by Market Street, all opinions are my own.
Cherries! They are one of the first signs that spring is here – and they bring a summer full of cherry recipes at every family gathering. But most of the cherry recipes you’ll see this summer are for dessert. Why not use the fresh cherries at Market Street to make a savory cherry dish?
Intrigued? Then surprise the family with this spicy, sweet cherry chicken dish! They are bound to love it!
- 2 cups chopped & pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (skip if you don’t like spicy)
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves (cherry jam)
- 4 chicken breast halves
1. Roast your chicken, or prepare on grill.
2. While your chicken cooks – crush your cherries in a small saucepan. Add the wine, then the garlic,cumin, salt, pepper, crushed pepper flakes, and cherry preserves. Bring the cherry mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer while stirring occasionally, 10 -15 minutes.
3. Ladle Cherry Sauce onto chicken breasts, and enjoy!
Need a closer look? Check out the following video of exactly how I made this Cherry Chicken Recipe…
Click here to find your nearest Market Street location!
Find out more about Market Street here: http://marketstreetdfw.com/