Our family recently got the chance to try out a London based boutique kidswear brand, that’s inspired by the greats of Disney, Marvel and Star Wars. And we are so in love with it!
Courage & Kind kidswear, does something I’ve never seen before. They marry beautifully made children’s wear, with beloved Disney characters. But they use the character theme in a subtle way, sometimes even hiding characters within a pattern or under tulle.
It makes these threads timeless – yet total kid pleasers!
It’s the best of both worlds at Courage & kind. Classic children’s clothing – but with a Disney character twist that kids can be excited about! Here are a few thoughts on the two collections my daughter has been wearing the past couple of months, and why we adore them so much.
Disney Alice in Wonderland Collection:
- The Queen of Hearts Cardigan has darling contrasting heart pockets and elbow patches, and comes in more than one bright color way. It also has a dear Courage & Kind label on the back of the neck. These precious labels are hidden on all the clothing we explored! We loved finding them, and reading their messages, such as “Be Happy!”
- The Alice Print Skirt has a beautiful whimsical Alice in Wonderland pattern. I loved how its pleats were structured in front, with an elastic waist gather in the back to fit as she grows. I also love that the slip is built in. No matter what activity my daughter has done in this skirt – it never looks wrinkled or loses its shape.
- Every time my daughter puts this outfit on, I can see the smile spread across her face. It totally brings out her spunky and whimsical nature!
- Also, shout out to parents of kids with sensory issues. All the Courage & Kind clothing we tried was super soft and never put fashion in front of feel.
- This Alice and Wonderland Tie Front Shirt is SO precious under the sweater and skirt set I showed above – but I also just love it alone with jeans or skirt.
- Love the double layered peter pan & angled collar. And also the subtle Queen of Hearts touches on the collar and waist!
- It’s a classic white shirt, but elevated. And who can get enough of its sweet tie front?
Disney Cinderella Collection:
- I adore all the subtle and muted colors in this collection. Its a sophisticated way for a kiddo to wear pastels.
- Love the metallic touches on places like Cinderella’s crown or the delicate Diamantes, sparkling on the butter soft leggings.
- The Midnight Tutu skirt above hides a beautiful depiction of Cinderella’s coach underneath the tulle. Glimpses were often caught at our house while my daughter twirled in the skirt! It has excellent twirling potential!
- Not only are the Cinderella Pink Princess leggings the softest I’ve felt, but my daughter tells me they are the most comfortable she’s ever had. Obsessed.
- I love how both the short sleeve Ball Gown Tee, and Long sleeve Sparkle Tee we tried, have precious satin bows hidden behind the neckline. The details are as just as beautiful as the front designs.
Every kid has a favorite character. And this line let’s kids indulge in that childhood fantasy where you become your favorite hero or heroin. I love how the Courage & Kind line let’s kids just be kids – but still look pulled together and smart.
This kidswear line truly beckons kids to live up to it’s motto. Be Happy, Be Playful, Be Courageous, Be Kind.
Connect with the Courage & Kind:
Check out their website, for more styles available: http://courageandkind.com/
Many thanks to Courage & Kind for letting us try out some of their fabulous styles. All opinions are my own.