I love Texas. I love it’s history, it’s people, it’s food, and its ever changing vistas! And I love that driving through the State of Texas can bring you to so many disparate locations and activities, all while you are still technically in the same State! In fact, when I think of Texas – one particular phrase often pops into my head…
Perhaps you’ve heard it?
I think that phrase, just about sums it up for me! I may not have been born in Texas, but it’s become my beloved home and I wouldn’t have it any other way! So when it comes to choosing some of the most amazing Texas based products that come from my home sweet home – I can be hard pressed to decide. But I do know, the perfect place to try out some new Texas specialty foods is at a good ole’ Texas Pool Party! So that’s what I recently did.
We love to hang out by the pool and grill in Texas. And it’s so easy to elevate a Texas inspired picnic to a gourmet experience, if you just have a few super star products to kick it up a notch!
Here are some photos and tips from when we recently made an ordinary Texas day at the pool, an extraordinarily yummy experience!
Uniquely Texan Products – from Texas, for Texas:
1. Want to know something so cool? Ozarka® Water comes from 3 Texas springs – which gives it a uniquely fresh Texas taste! I’m a bit of water snob, and Ozarka®Water really does taste the best to me! And a fresh yummy taste, gets me to choose water more often. A win win for this often dehydrated mama! Plus, I love that I don’t always have to run to the store when we are out of Ozarka® – we can also use Ozarka Water Delivery. This is our beverage of choice, while we enjoy a bit of good Texas heat and start to BBQ!
*It’s no secret Texas can get H-O-T! So word to the wise, stay hydrated folks!
2. Paqui brand Tortilla Chips! These “better-for- you” tortilla chips and tortillas taste like a cross between a traditional tortilla and chips! Great crunch – and the flavors make it a great side for a picnic, or a fun alternative to fries with your burger!
3. The Jelly Queens & Spice Kings make excellent sauces like their, Black Garlic Rosemary BBQ Sauce. But they also have super fun spice blends! There are so many ways we’ve used their “The Juicy Steak” Spice blend. Want to know two, of my favorite unique ways to make use of the spice during our Texas BBQ? First, I add this spice right into the hamburger meat before it hits the grill. It adds just the right amount of sweet and salty flavor to bring out the meats savory juices!Then grill as normal.
Secondly, I use this same spice on straight from the fryer, french fries! They are delicious that way, and the spices also give the fries a great rustic look! This Dallas & Austin brand brings the taste to your plate no matter where you use it!
4. Sweet and Spicy Mustard Seeds from Taste Elevated! These seeds pop in your mouth and have an incredibly addictive texture! We used them to make the gourmet hot dogs and hamburgers above. This mustard is a major step above that yellow stuff you’re used to seeing.
5. Habanero Sauces – from Yellowbird Sauce. Love some heat? We do too. And this Austin TX based company brings peppery goodness to all your favorite foods. We used it on gourmet hot dogs and hamburgers. And even dipped fries in it! Hot and satisfying.
6. See that yummy Queso below? It’s Queso con Salsa Escabeche, from Austin TX. And it is chunky and full of flavor! We love it over tortillas or as a hot dip with fries! And I can’t wait to try it added to potato soup in the winter! Super versatile.
I highly recommend these 6 products! Texas food and drinks bring people together, and build community. And not only will you be supporting products with local Texas roots, but your taste buds will thank you!
And remember, whether your Texas travels bring you to a hot rodeo or a spicy Southern picnic – you will want to stay hydrated and happy! So, be sure to pack the Ozarka® – as well as your State pride!
I know I will.
This post is sponsored through a partnership with Ozarka® Water. All opinions are my own.