Thanks to #MarketStreetTX for sponsoring this post.
Did you know February is national canned food month? It is! And I for one, love when part of my meal can just come straight out of the pantry. The following Greek Bean Salad uses 4 canned goods, and is as simple as it is scrumptious!
I noticed that both garbanzo beans and olives were on sale when I visited my local Market Street Store, and that just seemed like an invitation to make something Greek style. I love Mediterranean flavors, but not long prep times. This Greek Bean Salad satisfies on both accounts!
~Greek Style Bean Salad~
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 a fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Gently mix all ingredients together, except the feta in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Toss feta in right before serving. Enjoy!
Want me to hold your hand while you make this salad? Here is a video of the process…
Check out other Recipes on: http://marketstreetdfw.com/rs/recipes
Thanks to Market Street for sponsoring this post, as always all opinions are my own.