Life is busy.
I dont need to tell you that, I know. We all seem to scramble to get the kids to school, get ourselves to work and then when we come home – we crash. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to have quality time with family and friends. And that’s why I’m excited to introduce you to this one skillet meal. Hawaiian Fried Rice is simple to make, tastes delicious – and looks special enough to serve to company! Plus, I feel good about how it includes all the food groups in one pan! Protein, veggies, fruit – oh yeah!
And who can say no to the sweet and savory flavors of pineapple, peppers, green onions and Hillshire Farm®?
Making Hawaiian Fried Rice is simple work. Here is what you will need.
~Hawaiian Fried Rice~
- Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage, 12 oz. Sliced on the bias.
- 2 or 3 minced garlic cloves.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs, raw and scrambled
- 3 cups of rice of your choice (this recipe shines when you use day old leftover rice!)
- 1 1/2 cups of pineapple (canned or fresh)
- 1 Tbs sesame seed oil
- 4 Tbs of Soy Sauce
- 3 Green onions, both green and white section, separated.
Now you are ready to get started! Please keep in mind though that this is a very fluid recipe that can be custom made to suit your particular family. If you love peppers, use several colors! Like more pineapple? Go for it! Also, you will find Hillshire Farm® Sausage in the deli meats case in your local target. Experiment with sausage flavors. Smoky, beef, turkey sausage – they all bring something fun to the party!
- Heat up your skillet. Saute your Hillshire Farm® Sausage according to package instructions. When the sausage is heated through, gently set sausage aside.
- Use the leftover juices in your pan, to saute your garlic. Heat the garlic, until aromatic.
- Add eggs, and whisk until fluffy.
- Re-add Hillshire Farm® Sausage. Add rice, pineapple pieces, peppers, and the white green onion. Mix to combine.
- Add soy sauce and stir for another minute or so, add sesame oil, and garnish with green onion pieces!
- Serve immediately.
If you used fresh pineapple, why not hollow out the pineapple husk and serve in that!? It’s super cute – and the juices of the pineapple only add to the sweet tang of the dish!
There you have it – the perfect weeknight meal! Sweet, sassy and a little spicy! Our family really enjoys it, and my daughter gets a big kick out of seeing a pineapple come to the table. Personally, I’m most excited its made in one skillet – so less dishes! Everyone wins with Hawaiian Fried Rice!
*Note* If you are a Target shopper, you can get a great deal on Hillshire Farm® Sausage right now, by using the Target Cartwheel app. Currently you can get 20% off the purchase price! So it’s well worth downloading before you hit the store to shop for this meal!
We hope you enjoy this Hawaiian inspired Fried Rice dish with your Ohana!
Ohana means family! And we can all use a little more time with ours.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.