QR Codes are popping up all over the place, and you can expect to see them almost EVERYWHERE in just a few short years! Want to be on the cutting edge, and have your very own QR Code? It’s easy to do, and can be changed easily. It’s a win win.
Confused, and feel like I just started speaking a foreign language?Just check out the post I did last week on what a QR Code is, and how to read a QR Code!
There is even a quick video to make it super simple!
~How to make your own QR Code~
1) First, pick a service on the web like Kimtag or Kaywa. Kimtag, is good for making a code that shows where you are on the web – Twitter, Facebook etc. However, I find that kimtag produces a QR Code that is very hard for many QR Readers to read. My favorite is Kaywa. Feel free to try them both- or any number of other QR Code makers on the web!
2) Decide what it is you want readers of your QR Code to find. If it’s going to be on your business card, maybe you want it to direct them to your blog’s website? If you are putting it on your blog, then maybe it should go to a video of you welcoming them? Or maybe it directs readers to a link like About.Me.com that tells readers all the different ways to connect with you on the web. If you have an online business it would be super slick if your QR Code provided readers with a secret coupon code! The sky is the limit!
3) Now – just take the web address (or text or phone number etc…) of whatever it is you want your QR Code to bring readers to, and plug it into the QR Maker. In the case of Kaywa the box will look like this:
4) You can see I have the bubble filled in for URL. I would just paste my information link into the content box. Then select a size (Large, medium or small). The size refers to how physically big you want your QR Code to be.
5) Just hit “Generate” and be taken to your very own QR Code! The code will pop up, as well as html code you can use to embed it. It will look like this:
6) Just use the codes link to put your very own QR Code anywhere and everywhere you need it!
Wallllllahhhhhh!!!! Super easy, super cool:)