Just like last winter I was obsessed with a Pot Roast Recipe, this delicious recipe for Mango Chicken Wraps is hands down my FAVORITE recipe find of the summer!
It’s super easy, healthy and uses ingredients like jicama that I rarely know what to do with. Best of all – it requires ZERO COOKING!!
And with summer temperatures in Texas routinely hitting 100 degrees – not having to use the stove or oven for dinner can be a real blessing!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup(s) chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (sriracha), plus more to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 cup(s) coarsely shredded chicken meat (from 1/2 rotisserie chicken)
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
1. In large bowl, combine mango, jicama, mint, lime juice, oil, chili sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine. If making ahead, cover bowl and refrigerate mixture up to overnight.
2. To serve, add chicken to mango mixture; toss to combine. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture in each lettuce leaf.
** If you make this recipe for children I’d suggest you skip the hot sauce. If it’s just for adults- I suggest you double the hot sauce:)