In our house, slime is all the rage. And we have found it fun to play with mixing colors, scents and themes while making slime. This Ice Cream & Sprinkles Slime recipe smells great, and is a cheery mix of two bright colors that meld into the perfect pastel Ice Cream look.
Best of all – Ice Cream and sprinkles Slime is easy to make, and uses a fairly basic slime recipe. And no worries. No borax is needed in Ice Cream & Sprinkles Slime.
This Ice Cream & Sprinkles Slime gets it’s fun from a few unexpected ingredients! Let’s get started…
Ice Cream and Sprinkles Slime Ingredients:
- Liquid Starch
- White School Glue
- Food Coloring (Lime Green & Bright Pink)
- Can of Fluffy Aerosol Shaving Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Rainbow Sprinkles
A few thoughts before you begin:
You will also want to gather two large mixing bowls, and be close to a faucet for washing hands! While this recipe for slime is much less sticky than some recipes – you will still want to be able to clean your hands between steps. Also, this recipe works better with white glue rather than clear.
If clear glue is all you have – that’s fine. Just know your product may be more tacky to the touch.
Note: This Ice Cream and sprinkles recipe calls for two colors to be swirled together, and they are prepared in two different batches.
If you prefer to make a one color smaller batch – just ignore directions that tell you to repeat a step in the second bowl.
Directions for Making Ice Cream and Sprinkles Slime:
- Pour 2 and 1/4 Cups of White Glue into Mixing Bowl one, and then do the same again in mixing bowl two.
- Spray 1 and 1/4 of a Cup of Fluffy White Shaving Cream into each bowl
- Mix Glue and Shaving cream, and as a couple of drops of color to each bowl. One with Green, one with pink. It should get fluffy and plump!
- Add one drop of Vanilla extract into each bowl.
- Now you will add in your liquid starch. Add 1/3 of a cup of starch to each bowl. Add it very slowly.
- If you want firmer slime you can add extra starch. But add a little bit at a time, so you don’t get slime that is too hard.
- Once you like your consistency, swirl your two colors together like they just came out of a soft serve ice cream twist machine!
8. Last Step – Have the most fun by adding a generous shake or two of rainbow sprinkles all over your slime.
That’s it! You are ready to play ice cream shop with your slime!
The Sprinkles will add pops of color, the vanilla scent will waft as you play – and your two colors will eventually turn into one creamy dreamy orange soft serve ice cream look!
Just remind yourself… this is slime! Not actual ice cream. So no eating it! *Wink*