I recently attended an awesome get together of friends, all while doing a dry run of side dishes we could create for our families this Thanksgiving! We were able to taste test lot’s of yummy food that had a common ingredient brought to us by our “FriendsGiving” host – Minute® Rice!
I was seriously blown away by all the ways you can use Minute® Rice in both sweet and savory meals and sides! The fruit that was used in several of the dishes was
I got a chance to taste test Pumpkin Apple Walnut Harvest Rice, Pineapple Cranberry Holiday Salad and – Roasted Butternut Squash just to name a few! They were all super unique, and mouth watering!
I also love the idea of using Minute® Rice as a clever filler for salad or soup, adding some texture to a meal that’s previously been all one note!
Rice is also a great way to stretch meals, or add a new twist on the familiar. Minute® Multi-Grain Medley Rice can be an unexpected way to add new grains to comfort foods & family favorites, and add a really beautiful new look and texture!
This beautiful “FriendGiving” event reminded me of one of my all time favorite ways to use rice – Cinnamon Rice Pudding! I recently used some Minute® White Rice in my favorite Rice Pudding Recipe in order to update it – making it even faster and easier to make than my previous recipe!
That said – you could easily add a twist to this recipe, by swapping in Minute® Multi-Grain Medley Rice (Gluten Free!) or Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice instead of the White I used!
~Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe~
- – ½ cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- – 1¾ cups milk
- – 1 tbsp sugar
- – 2 tbsp Raisins (or to taste)
- – ¼ tsp salt
- – 1 egg
- – ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- – Generous sprinkling of Nutmeg & Cinnamon
- Combine cold milk, Minute ® Rice, sugar, raisins and salt in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium/low and simmer uncovered for 6 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Beat the egg and vanilla extract with wire whisk until it’s very well blended. Add a very small amount of your hot milk mixture; and mix it well. Return to saucepan and cook (stirring all the while) on low heat for 1 minute. (Do not let it boil.)
- Remove mixture from the heat. And let it stand for 30 minutes. Tastes great served warm, or cold! Store any remaining pudding in refrigerator.
Do you have an unusual or unexpected way you use Minute® Rice? I’d love to hear about it! The quick cooking time, and quality taste has really inspired me to take a new look at recipes that I’ve previously used longer cooking rice in – and to make a time saving swap!
I hope you enjoy this Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe, and have a great holiday with you family!
And if you’d like more ideas on how to WOW the crowd this Thanksgiving, I recommend checking out the Minute® Rice Riceipe® Club!
Thanks and Credit to Jennifer King, of Soul Dreamer Photography for the fabulous “FriendsGiving” Photos!
This is a sponsored post, written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.