The DFW area is spoiled for venues to see both cutting edge and theatrical classics. And the options can make choosing a place to go a dizzying experience. But I’ve found that Dallas Summer Musicals at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas, is a great option for a multitude of diverse theater experiences! And not just for a “date night” – it’s also fabulous for families!
I was thrilled to be invited by Dallas Summer Musicals to see the opening night of their current production – Stomp. My husband and I both really want our daughter to see lots of different theater and be exposed to lot’s of different art forms. And I love how Dallas Summer Musicals has planned this, and future theatricals seasons with a variety of tastes and experiences in mind.
Stomp is the perfect illustration of that.
Tips for families visiting Music Hall at Fair Park :
- Have some shorties in your group? Music Hall at fair Park has an area where you can pick up super soft booster seating. That ensures that the younger members of your party can see the stage as well as everyone else. You will need to bring your license to borrow one.
- Orchestra and balcony options are available.
- You can purchase refreshments to bring into the theater with you. At performances with an intermission – you can pre-order your drink and skip the line!
- Dinning packages are available before many performances allowing you to have dinner and theater in the same place!
- Valet Parking is available. But regular parking is also available, convenient, and free!
- Season Subscribers get prime seating. (And first dibs on tickets for upcoming shows – like Psst! Hamilton!)
The Highlights of Stomp:
- You have never seen percussion done like this!
- Done without speaking, this show keeps it’s momentum through sound – and body language. You will be surprised at how much can be said without any words.
- The physicality of the show it staggering. Performed in just under 2 hours without intermission – the performances of the artists are astounding.
- Music lovers will enjoy the many different rhythms and ambience created by the found objects. You will never walk by a junkyard and see ‘junk’ again!
- Student Rush tickets are available – and are a great way for students to see this show on a thrifty budget!
- DALLAS, TX – Music Hall at Fair Park – February 14 – February 19, 2017
I have no doubt that you will love seeing Stomp, or any other production making a stop in Dallas, for the Dallas Summer Musicals Season!
For more info on upcoming shows: http://dallassummermusicals.org
Thanks to DSM for providing tickets to this performance. All opinions are my own.