Our family has been wanting to update the powder room in our home since we moved in. It’s builder grade fixtures and monochromatic beige was underwhelming. So I was thrilled when the kind people at Photowall wanted to partner on a room makeover post. Right away I thought of our tiny powder room and started dreaming of how fun a large photo wall would be! But I also loved the repeating wallpaper Photowall offered as well, so our family spent a week or so just debating which way to go. Photowall wallpaper, mural, or featured photo wall in the powder room?
(Keep reading to see the finished product!)
How we chose our Photowall Wallpaper:
Photowall is a site you could get lost in for hours if you wanted to! There is every conceivable kind of wallpaper or mural you can imagine, and you can type in the measurements for the wall you have in mind.
That Photowall feature really helped us narrow down what image we wanted to choose – because we wanted a wall mural that would not require much cropping from the original image. After looking through a ton of options we went with an image that reminded us of our family vacations in Colorado! We all enjoy seeing the Aspen trees when we visit – and the print we chose brought that cherished memory to mind.
Birch Stems Cream is the name of the paper we chose!
The slightly out of the box Design Decision we made:
My husband and I had always talked about how fun it would be to have a powder room that featured a bold look, since the rest of our house is very neutral. So we decided rather than having one statement wall with a single mural – to instead wrap the whole wall with the mural, all the way around! We were both a little worried about how we would like the finished product. But it turns out – we both love it!
The whole room tells a story! It’s like being in your own enchanted forest!
Is it Hard to Hang a Photowall Mural?
The wallpaper you choose from Photowall is cut from your specific room measurements. And the wallpaper strips are numbered in the order they should be hung on the wall. That makes hanging your wallpaper easy and fun. You just hang the strips from edge to edge! Your Wallpaper Paste is Included – so you are ready to hang as soon as your Photowall wallpaper arrives!
I love a good before & after! Do you? Here is our wrap around photo wall in the powder room completely finished…
The Finished Powder Room using Photowall:
Some Tips for hanging your Photowall:
- Start with a clean and smooth wall. If your wall or walls of choice have texture, deal with that before proceeding.
- The Photowall mural comes in one or more very large rolls. Start by first cutting the wallpaper sections apart. Doing it at once will save you finding your scissors after each panel goes up. You will want to lay your wallpaper sections out in order. Photowall labels each one with a number, so you will always know what comes next!
- The first section of wallpaper you put up will be the most important. If it’s slanted – each additional piece will be too. So take your time marking a level line for the first sheet.
- Photowall murals are printed so each section meets the edge of the previous section. There is no overlapping of wallpaper needed. This leads to a sleek and flawless look once the mural is complete.
Fun Fact: You can upload your own image to Photowall and make that into your own unique, and bespoke wallpaper! That is something I’d love to try sometime!
I also just love how wallpapers like the one I chose, can emphasize something you already like about a room. This powder room is impossible small! But, it has very tall ceilings! These birch trees draw your eye up – and make the room feel so much more spacious when your eye travels up the wallpaper.
All the Items in the Powder Room Redo:
- Photo Wall Birch Stem Cream Mural
- We changed our building grade faucet to a Pfister Ashfield Bathroom Faucet in brushed nickel.
- Ahenque Set of 2 Turkish hand towels.
- The Powder room mirror is a Pottery Barn model that was discontinued. Here is a similar one.
- Mullingar Pewter Goblet
- Mercer Lidded Trash Can and Toilet Brush
We LOVE our new Photowall Wallpaper & Powder Room Re-d0!
Bottom Line: My experience ordering from Photowall was seamless. My wallpaper mural choice came quickly, and neatly packaged. I ordered the premium paper – and I was glad I did. It’s matte, wipe-able surface is a great choice for a room where I may want to wipe down the wall from time to time. Honestly, the most difficult part of using Photowall.com is really making a choice! There were so many different looks available on the website – I could easily have redesigned every room in my house using a different style of Photowall!
They even do high quality canvas prints! I’d love to try styling one of those in our home next.
Get your own Photowall Mural or Wallpaper: Photowall.com
Discount Code: everydaybest2020
Thanks to Photowall for providing the wallpaper to facilitate this post. As always, all opinions are my own.