If you have a couple of little ones in your house, you are probably already familiar with the rainbow craze! Rainbow colors are fun, happy – and all the rage right now. And one of the most unique rainbow foods you can make is rainbow pasta! It’s so easy to make this colored spaghetti, and it’s guaranteed to put a smile on anyone’s face you serve it to.
Perfect for a silly St. Patrick’s Day meal, this rainbow pasta can also be easily adapted for any celebration. Mardi Gra? Use Mardi Gra colors. Football game? Make, and eat pasta in your teams colors!
This Rainbow Pasta recipe is extremely easy to make – and a fun way to gobble up a rainbow!
You Will Need:
- Pasta of your choice
- As Many Plastic Sandwich Bags as you want Colors
- Food Dye
- Anything you want to top your Pasta with
Directions for Rainbow Pasta:
- Boil your pasta, taking it off the heat while it is still slightly al dente.
- Strain the pasta, and separate the noodles into as many sandwich bags as you’d like to create colors for.
- Add a drop or two of food dye to your bag. Also, add a couple of tablespoons of water as well.
- Gently mix the dye and water through the pasta, being careful not to damage the noodles.
- Let the mixture sit a moment or two – or until you are happy with the color saturation.
- Pull the noodles out, and strain.
- Rinse with hot water to warm the noodles up.
- Add whatever toppings you desire. I’m partial to garlic & olive oil or butter and Parmesan in this recipe – because it allows the rainbow colors to shine. But any pasta topping you like is fine!
Want to see someone else make this rainbow pasta before you give it a try? Check out the short video below that will walk you through the steps. Once you see how incredibly fun and easy it it – I bet you will be inspired to make a batch!
ENJOY your Rainbow Pasta!
Looking for Other Fun Projects?
Build a Floating Pirate Ship out of Recyclables