I recently found a recipe for a tangy Shrimp & Pasta meal.
It’s a really easy recipe and tastes great, so I thought I’d share it with you all! One reason I really like it, is that because it’s made from frozen ingredients and pantry staples it can be made in a pinch. Although it should be noted that it would be fabulous made from fresh shrimp and broccoli too! It takes almost no time to prepare, so it’s a good meal when you have a hungry bunch, and don’t want to spend a lot of time prepping!
(Above are the brands I used)
-2 (12 oz) packages of frozen shrimp ( I used Seapak butter garlic)
-1 lb Whole wheat angel hair pasta, dry
-1 package (10 oz) broccoli (no sauce), frozen
-2 teaspoon lemon pepper
-4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
-1 cup dry white wine
-1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
(Before adding the mustard sauce)
1. COOK pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
2. HEAT large sauté skillet on medium for 1 minute. Add frozen shrimp to pan and sauté 5 minutes or until shrimp start to pink up.
3. DEFROST broccoli in microwave according to package directions. Drain broccoli and add to skillet with shrimp.
4. WHISK lemon pepper, Dijon mustard and wine in a small bowl. Pour mixture over shrimp and broccoli. Stir well to incorporate all ingredients. Simmer for additional 3 to 4 minutes (or until shrimp are fully cooked) stirring frequently.
5. TOSS shrimp and broccoli with pasta. Sprinkle with Red Pepper Flakes to taste, and serve.
(The whole mixture, ready to toss with the angel hair pasta)
Enjoy, and bon appetit!