If you’ve ever shopped a large consignment sale, you already know there is a bit of an art to it! And if you’ve never shopped one – this is the info you need to know before you go! My favorite consignment sale, is Just Between Friends Fort Worth. And it’s actually Texas’ LARGEST children’s and maternity consignment sale!
Here are a few tips and tricks I’ve learned of the years…
5 Tips for Snagging the BEST stuff at Large Consignment Sales!
1. Go as early in the sale as possible- This will usually mean volunteering so that you get early entry! However many sales (including JBF Fort Worth) have varying degrees of early entry for First Time Parents & Grandparents! Another EASY way to get early entry is to consign some items yourself. Consigning at the sale you are going to shop gets you in earlier than normal shoppers!
2. Before snagging the item you want, check for duplicates- Very often at large consignment sales, popular and identical toys are grouped together. Check out the photo above. Before grabbing one of those play grills you would want to check the prices on all of them. Often someone has way overpriced their item, or way under priced their item. Check all the toys for wear and tear, do they all have the same pieces? Or are some models missing parts but costing the same? In short – dont grab the first toy you see, when there are duplicates.
4. Check Battery Operated Toys before purchase – Find out ahead of time if the sale you are going to has a table with assorted batteries, and a volunteer to help you try out battery operated toys before purchase. JBF Fort Worth does by the way. I’ve almost purchased things before that when I checked them at the sale – turned out not to work. Checking them first, saved me money! If the sale your attending doesn’t have this service, bring a few batteries in a ziploc and try items yourself!
5. Look on Lower Racks – Often clothes and toys are stored on multiple levels. The racks at eye level will get picked over quicker. If you can remember to check the less convenient to look at racks above and below eye level – you will often find wonderful stuff that hundreds of other shoppers have overlooked!
More Info on JBF Fort Worth:
- JBF Fort Worth takes place at Fort Worth’s Will Rogers Memorial Center – Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall.
- JBF Fort Worth will be open to the public Thursday, March 5th 2015 – Monday, March 9th 2015. Full schedule (http://bit.ly/jbf-sp15-hours)
- Download the above Coupon to get in FREE!
- Twitter: @jbffortworth Facebook: http://www.fb.com/jbffortworth
Giveaway: Win a $15 Gift Certificate to shop the Just Between Friends Sale in Fort Worth!
Enter: Leave a comment telling me what you hope to find at JBF!
(Winner must pick up the Gift Card at the Fort Worth JBF Spring Sale at time of shopping trip, we will provide the winner with exact details once a winner is selected. Giveaway ends Feb 22, 2014)
-GIVEAWAY CLOSED- (Winner Courtney P.)
I was provided with a Gift Certificate for providing this information. All thoughts and opinions are my own.