I was recently sent some interesting statistics about women and cleaning…and it made me wonder could they possibly be true??
I consider myself an average cleaner- I like things neat and clean….but I do not bleach the sink every day, or change the sheets every other day. I clean… and then I let life happen- and I clean again. I totally admire you ladies who clean everyday and never let anything get out of order!
The following Stats are From the Dirty Work Index commissioned by Scrubbing Bubbles. what do you think- do they reflect you? Whats your cleaning style?
For fun- I’ve added my own comments in red after the statistics…hehe.
· 64 percent of women worry about what others think about the cleanliness of their home (Duh. I would think this one would actually be higher. Who are these women that don’t worry?)
· Three out of four (79 percent) women say that how clean their homes are says a lot about them as individuals ( Again- I definitely think that. This is why I clean before people come over. Being in the 19% would be more relaxing though…)
· 75 percent of those cleaning to keep their significant other happy, report a visit from in-laws as a reason to clean their home. (Does this mean 25% of the OTHER women do not clean before their mother in law comes over? Follow up question- are they trying to get their in laws to leave? If so- this might be genius.)
· 47 percent of women 35-44 actually tell guests not to go in certain rooms if they don’t feel they are clean enough. ( Not 35 yet…but AMEN sisters.)
· If hosting a party or anticipating the extended stay of guests or other company, four out of five (83 percent) women are prompted to clean (Makes sense..)
· 89 percent of women 25-34 clean if they’re hosting a party, more so than women in other age groups (That’s the highest % so far! So basically I’m in the super cleaners age group! No wonder I feel pressure to clean before people come over! They are all super cleaners too! They are judging me!! Agghhh!!)
· 58 percent of women say they’ve thought differently about a person because of how that person keeps house ( LOL)
· 51 percent of women avoid going to the bathroom in someone else’s home ( That is CRAZINESS!)
· 66 percent of them feel their cleaning standards are higher than others ( Interesting- though mathematically speaking at least 15% of them are wrong! lol)
What’s your cleaning style??