Does your family love the ‘Despicable Me’ movie franchise as much as ours does? We bust out laughing whenever those lovable, and odd little Minion characters come on screen! It’s hard not to smile when you see a cute little Minion face looking at you – and that’s why these Lemon scented Minion Bath Bombs are so much fun!
Making bath bombs is an easy process, and giving these a Minion inspired flare just makes them extra delightful as a gift – or just to brighten up your own bath!
How to make Minion inspired Bath Bombs…
~Lemon ‘Minion Inspired’ Bath Bomb Recipe ~
(Yields: Approx. 12 bath bombs)
SUPPLIES You will NEED:
1 Wilton 12 cup mini muffin silicone mold
1 cup baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup coconut oil
10/12 drops lemon essential oil (or whatever scent you prefer)
2/3 drops yellow food coloring
Wilton 24 ct Despicable Me sugar decorations
HOW TO MAKE THE BATH BOMBS:
1. First preheat your oven to 140°degrees.
2. Add the baking soda, cornstarch, coconut oil, citric acid, lemon essential oil and the yellow coloring into either a glass or metal bowl (not plastic). Stir until well incorporated. The mixture should resemble a consistency of sand.
3. Transfer the sandy bath bomb mixture into their molds. Pat down very firmly.
4. Put the silicone mold on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Turn the preheated oven OFF and leave the mold in the oven for 1 hour, keeping the door closed.
5. Remove the silicone mold from the oven and immediately place a minion sugar decoration on top of each bath bomb. Pressing firmly. Allow the bath bombs to cool inside their molds for 2 hours.
6. Carefully pop each bath bomb out of its mold and allow to air dry overnight.
7. Store in a mason jar or other glass, airtight container.
8. Use a bath bomb by dropping into your warm bath water! As it dissolves, enjoy the fresh fun scent of lemon and the moisturizing coconut oil!
Did you know that a new Minion movie is coming out soon? Get ready for ‘Despicable Me 3‘ with these fun bath bombs. And if you want to see the new trailer, check here: http://www.despicable.me/
–These bath bombs look adorable and smell delicious. That could make them look like food to children. Please use good judgement in storing them away from minors.