It’s that time of the year, where class Christmas parties abound! But how many cupcakes, and cookies can a little kid really eat? That’s why I think you will enjoy this cookie alternative – The Reindeer food Recipe!
1) First, you need the Reindeer Food poem that ties this whole gift together…
~Magic Reindeer Food~
Just sprinkle on the lawn at night.
The moon will make it sparkle bright.
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam,
This treat will guide them to your home!
-I printed the poem out, and glued it to the back of my treat bags. You could also print it on card stock and attach it to a bag with a ribbon and a hole punched in the side.
2) You need the Magic Reindeer Food Recipe! And the best part of that, is that you can pretty much add whatever you would like to the mix…
For older children I’ve seen something done with just Oats & Glitter! It makes a very pretty bag. But since we were planning to gift these bags to preschoolers, it was important to me that the contents be safe to sprinkle on a lawn …OR into a childs mouth!
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Gumdrops
- Edible Sparkly Sprinkles
- Holly leave & Berry shaped Sprinkles
3) We Scooped up the Magic Reindeer Food and put it into cellophane bags. This is a great job for a 4 year old;)
4) Just use PLACE CARDS to secure the top of your cellophane bags! I found ours at Michael’s Craft store. Just fold them over and they fit on the bags perfectly! On one side I put the poem, and on the other my daughter signed her own name. Done. Looking for another fun Reindeer treat? Check out Reindeer Candy Canes!