I’ve driven by several Curves® Fitness Clubs in the past. And I remember wondering who they were for, and what was inside? Fast forward to this week when I started to work out at my local Curves® in Hurst, TX for the first time and realized the answer to my questions… Curves® is for all women! And what’s inside is one of the most unique and empowering workouts I’ve ever done!
I’m so thankful to be partnering with Curves® International on this post as they celebrate their 25th Anniversary – so I can share with you all the reasons that I gave Curves® a second look!
Some of the the Reasons that the Curves® Workout model is blowing me away:
- Men are awesome! But they are not allowed at Curves®. You can work out with other women, and never feel self conscious.
- Speaking of not being self conscious – there are no mirrors at a Curves® to distract you. The only comparing you will be doing, is comparing how much better you feel after your workout than before!
- The Curves® workout only takes 30 minutes. You can fit that in on a lunch break or before school pick up!
- You are in total control of the intensity of your workout.
- The Curves® Circuit is easy to use, quick to learn and involves no changing of weights. You spend your session working out, not changing settings.
- Throughout the month of September, Curves will celebrate their 25th birthday at their locations worldwide through a series of unique opportunities and incentives.
My First Steps at Curves®:
When I arrived at my local Curves® I was greeted warmly and with great enthusiasm from the coach Muriel. She very patiently walked me through how each machine in the circuit worked – and what muscles I should be feeling when operating them most efficiently. Her smile and reassuring manner echoed the overall feeling of the Curves® facility. Curves® is all about empowerment, living life to the fullest, body acceptance and love. I’m a rather shy person, but I felt at home at Curves® within 20 minutes of sign up.
The intimidation factor is 0%
During my second workout I was given a health survey, and Muriel took some measurements along with weight and height. It was quick and painless, and I was on my way to workout. The core Curves® workout is a circular circuit that you go around twice. Music keeps you moving, and a voice pauses between songs to tell you to move to the next station. You can jump into the circuit at any point when you arrive, as everyone moves in the same direction. It’s a vibrant community of supportive women from all walks of life. And the workout is perfect for busy moms and college co-eds alike. These circuit classes are specially designed to burn fat, increase strength, and kick start your weight loss. And Curves® members work every core muscle group in just 30 minutes! And that’ an amount of time that fits into my life perfectly.
Want to Join? The timing is perfect!
- The first 25 members at every club who join between August 28th-September 27th can join for free with the purchase of an annual membership*
- *Joining fee waived for first 25 members who join at each location starting 8/28/17. Monthly membership fees required and vary by location. Offer based on enrollment for a 12-month recurring billing fitness membership. Valid at participating locations. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value. Expires 9/27/17.
- On September 28, Curves will be celebrating the 25th birthday around the globe with special workouts and local in-club parties. Non-members can also join their local Curves for 25 cents to celebrate the day.**
- **Monthly membership fees also required and vary by location. Offer based on first visit enrollment for a 12-month recurring billing fitness membership. Valid at participating locations. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value. Valid only on 9/28/17.
I’ll be writing an update to this post in a month…
And I can’t wait to tell you all the experiences and personal goals I’ll have achieved at Curves® by then! For me, a workout like this can’t be beat. It’s fast – and fits into my busy life easily. And the community of women I meet every time I work out keep a smile on my face, and inspire me to work out harder!
This post was sponsored by Curves® International but as always, the content and opinions expressed here are completely my own. Curves® International, Inc. is one of the largest chains of fitness clubs for women, with thousands of location around the world.