If you live in Texas, you have probably heard that Just Between Friends Fort Worth, is Texas’ LARGEST children’s and maternity consignment sale! It’s big stuff. People travel from all around Texas to get to it – to purchase high quality kids clothing, toys, and more – all at a lower prices!
But what you may not know about JBF Fort Worth, is that it’s NOT just a sale for parents!
In fact many of the shoppers, as well as volunteers are not parents shopping for their kids at all! They are Grandparents! They are Best Friends! They are family! They are teachers! Here are some tips for shopping a huge sale like JBF Fort Worth, if the child on your list, is not your own!
~ Tips for Grandparents Shopping JBF~
- First time Grandparents (as well as first time parents) can signup to shop early! (registration for the First Time Parent/grandparent Sale ends on March 1), as well as volunteering & consigning will get you an early pre-sale pass! Getting to go into the sale early means you will be able to shop a much broader selection of baby equipment! Don’t pass up this chance to shop early Grandparents! Check out more info here.
- Are you shopping in conjunction w/ your son or daughter? Divide up the list! One of you go to the bigger baby gear or toy items as soon as the doors open, and one of you go to the clothes! Divide and conquer!
- If you don’t know your grandchildren’s current sizes or needs off the top of your head – be sure to fill out some information ahead of shopping that you can refer back on.
~Tips for Family or Friends Shopping JBF~
- I recommend you divide up the list of things your shopping for, and get sizes on a print out just as was reccomended for the Grandparents above. That will take the guess work out of your helping!
- Consider helping your friend or family member by volunteering on their behalf! If for instance you earn a 12 hour volunteer pass, you can donate those volunteer hours on behalf of the person who best knows what to shop for! And what a gift you will be giving them by helping them to enter the sale early while the best deals are still around! You can find out more about volunteering here.
- Print off this Free Entry Coupon for your friends & family!
~ Tips for Teachers Shopping JBF ~
- If you are shopping for desks, or tables for your classroom, be sure that you bring a vehicle large enough to accommodate your finds!
- If you are looking for larger items be sure to enter the sale at the earliest time you can. Larger items tend to get claimed first.
- When shopping for large items – you will need to fill out a sticker that gets placed on the item claiming it. You will then get the tag, to pay later. SAVE TIME – fill out a bunch of stickers ahead of time, so you can come into the sale and claim what you’d like. If you spend 10 minutes filling out your sticker – you may just lose the chance to grab other items you need!
- Shop the books last. They are heavy to carry around, and they see the least amount of action. Shop bigger items first, then move on to books!In a Hall with over 75,000 square feet of great kid’s merchandise – you need a plan of action!
I hope these tips have helped you devise a plan of attack, at this Spring’s JBF Fort Worth Consignment Sale! The JBF Fort Worth will be open to the public, starting March 3rd & March 6th, with extended days for volunteers.
The full schedule can be found at: http://fortworth.jbfsale.com
I’m giving away ONE $15 JBF Fort Worth Gift Certificate to a reader!
#Giveaway! Win $15 GC to @jbffortworth Spring Sale! Just leave a comment below, and follow both @milkandcuddles & @jbffortworth! (Prize will be awarded Feb 20th. Prize will be available for pick up at the sale under winners name.). #jbffortworth #dfw #dallas #fortworth #instadfw #win #shop #consignment #consignmentshop