There are certain traditions that make the holidays – the holidays! And for our family the Christmas Season hasn’t started until we watch “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” on TV. We see those little who Whoville families holding hands, and singing around the Christmas tree – and it’s all warm and fuzzy feelings. So I’m thrilled that this year I have the perfect snack for watching our favorite movie – Grinch Cookies!
And best of all, Grinch inspired cookies are super easy to make.
The main body of the Grinch cookie is a premade Nutter Butter – so all you have to do is decorate! Here is how..
You will Need:
- Nutter Butters
- Light green candy melts
- Cocoa candy melts
- Miniature M&M’s
- Decorating bags
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
Directions for Grinch Cookies:
1. Line a baking sheet with a piece of your parchment paper.
2. In two separate microwave safe bowls, melt 2 cups of your green candy melts and one cup of your cocoa candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes. Stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Place a cookie into your melted green chocolate, making sure it’s totally covered and remove with a fork. Next, gently shake off any excess chocolate.
4. Place onto your baking sheet and add two yellow M&M’s towards to top for Grinch like eyes.
5. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes after all your Nutter Butters are covered.
6. Scoop your melted cocoa melts into a decorating bag and draw a dot on each eye and draw the Grinch’s face!
I hope your kid’s hearts will grow two sizes when they see these sweet green Grinch Cookies! These Grinch cookies are also perfect for holiday Cookie Swaps! No one is likely to have anything like these – and you didn’t even have to bake! Holiday level up, huh?
And Pin it for later!
Looking for other Grinch inspired ideas? Check this out…