Beach crafts are so fun, and even more so when they can easily include your kids creativity! This DIY Beach Sand Hand print craft, is super easy to do. In fact you can even do it while you are still at the beach – as well as when you get home!
Let’s get started…
~Beach Sand Handprint~
You will Need:
- Plaster of paris (the outdoors variety if you want your mold extra strong)
- Beach Sand
- water (use ocean water if your on the beach!)
- A ziplock Bag
- Any shells or pebbles you want for decorating.
- Find a patch of sand that isn’t completely dry. Slightly wet sand that packs better- will hold the print of your hand better. If you need to, wet some sand or dig a bit to loosen it up first.
- Decorate the print you made in the sand with shells or pebbles if you like. Also remember you can pour the mixture into footprints, prints made with beach toys, whatever you like!
- Measure you plaster of paris according to directions in a ziplock bag. If your going to make this ahead for the beach, be sure to pre-measure the powder and bring a measuring cup for ocean water. Mix the water into the powder until it’s just slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- Pour mixture into your hand print, and if needed use wet fingers to smooth it gently into all the cracks and crevices.
- Wait until your mold is hard – and dig it up! Be especially gentle with the fingers of your mold, which will be the most delicate.
Want a quick video look at how we made our Sand prints? Check out this short tutorial showing how all the steps work! And have fun at the beach!
Looking for other Beach Crafts? Check out how to make a Sand covered Votive.