Beach Crafts are so much fun, and there is nothing more synonymous with the beach than Sand Castle building! Of course- the sand castle eventually crumbles. But with this permanent Sand Castle Dough, you can build with perfectly mold-able sand and let it dry if you choose!
~Permanent Sand Castle Dough~
You Will Need:
- 2 cups of sand (I used beach sand, but you can also buy sand at the craft store)
- 2 tsp alum
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Decorations like shells, if you wish.
- Pour the Sand, alum, and Cornstarch into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Mix dry ingredients well, before adding water.
- Over medium/low heat constantly stir the mixture until it starts to look like ball-able dough. For the first 5-7 minutes it will look like nothing is happening. Be patient!
- Once your dough starts forming balls as you mix, take it off the heat and scoop onto parchment paper to cool.
That’s it, enjoy sculpting! And word to the wise – if you are planning to sculpt a castle you want to keep and enjoy craft it when the dough is new and most flexible. Over time the sand dough will become dryer and more prone to crack.