There are so many things to do at The Gaylord Texan Resort all year round – but the holidays bring an even longer list of fun family options! Our family particularly loves to visit ICE! and snow tubing. And this year, we loved adding a visit to the Gaylord Texan walk through holiday light display – Merry & Bright! But did you also know you can get photos with Santa, do a family escape room, snowball throwing, ice skating, and holiday packages where you can stay in the hotel and enjoy the lobby light show right from your own room? How do you know which activities are right for your family?
Here is some information on a few of our favorites to help you decide what activities you may want to explore…
Gaylord Texan ICE! at a Glance:
- ICE! uses 2 million pounds – or 1,000 tons of ice!
- Ice carvings range in size from details as tiny as a coin, to soaring scenes more than 30 ft. tall.
- This years theme is the holiday classic – The Polar Express!
- ICE! is brought to life by a team of 40 ice artisans, who work for approximately six weeks!
- The ice carvers will tally more than 12,000 man-hours on the project.
- Colored ice (created by a chemist who mixes special food coloring to ensure sculptures maintain their bright colors the entire season), clear ice and LED lights are all used to create the display.
- The ICE! environment is kept frozen by a state-of-the-art chilling system that maintains the temperature at a frosty 9 degrees Fahrenheit at all times.
- ICE! is a 17,000-square-foot frozen attraction!
And is there a promo code for Gaylord Texan? Yes!
How to get Tickets to ICE! at 50% off on select days:
What Other Activities can you do at Christmas at Gaylord Texan?
There are escape rooms, gingerbread decorating, ice skating, a lobby light show – you could spend days here and not run out of activities! But I’d like to highlight a couple of our families favorites…
Merry & Light
This wonder of holiday magic and light conjures cozy feelings of Christmas with a sparkling array of larger-than-life decor and immersive state-of-the-art light elements. Guests will be wowed by an amazing wonderland of one-of-a-kind photo ops and memory-making moments melding modern technology with good ol’ fashioned holiday tradition.
Race Down Snow Tubing Hill
Calling all thrill-seekers! Grab a tube and zoom down the two-story, eight-lane Snow Tubing hill covered in real snow.
This year at the Gaylord Texan Resort was the most beautiful and colorful – and celebratory I can remember! And it’s not just for before holiday season. Be sure to use Gaylord Texan discount code: BEST for 50% off general admission to ICE! from 12/26- 1/1 too! It’s the perfect way to keep the kids entertained during winter break!
To find out more or to book, check out: ChristmasATGaylordTexan.com
View this post on Instagram
Thank you to Gaylord Texan for providing tickets to this event to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.