It can be frustrating when you want to celebrate a milestone like a birthday, anniversary or baby shower – but are unable to due to geographical distance, sickness, or needing to keep social distance. But that doesn’t mean you can’t plan a virtual party! There are so many wonderful ways to show your loved one how much they are cared for without physically being in a room with them.
Here are a few ideas on how to plan a virtual party whether you are across the street, or across the world from the person you want to celebrate!
Host your own virtual party…
Host a Car parade – This can be a tear jerking memory maker!
Seeing a line of cars, all friends and family that want to wish a loved one a happy birthday or happy anniversary can be overwhelming in a good way! Whatever the occasion, a car parade is sure to have the recipient smiling ear to ear!
Want to see what a birthday “Car Parade” can look like? Check out the video below…
Some Car Parade Tips…
- Arrange a place for cars to line up about 10 minutes before the scheduled parade time. It’s great if it can be on a nearby street, but out of view of the recipient!
- Have a point person to lead the parade past the persons home. This person can call the house of the recipient and let them know when the parade is about to start!
- It can be fun to decorate the cars in the parade! Make signs. Play an instrument, or sing happy birthday out the car windows! It’s a party – just inside your car!
- If the group is small or you want the parade to go on longer, you can loop all the cars in a circle and pass by the house more than once!
- Remind cars in the parade to drive slowly!
- Someone may want to video the parade for the recipient. What a lovely keepsake for years to come!
Virtual Gift Giving – Can’t have people show up in person for the event? They can still give gifts! Create a virtual wish list with your address already attached. Then gift givers only need to pick an item that was registered for, and it will automatically show up at the recipients doorstep!
- Amazon hosts wish lists online.
- There are many online gift registries made especially for wedding and baby showers!
- If you like, you can set up a time to have a Zoom meeting and can open presents live!
Play some Virtual Games – Far away from your guests? Try some online game! Online game sites or host an online meeting where one person moves the pieces on the board, and everyone rolls dice in their own homes.
- Have an online game get together at places like Jack Box Games.
- Create a Zoom Account and have everyone play a game like charades!
- Kids party? Why not sign everyone up for a virtual art class at Outschool! Along with online school classes, Outschool has fun classes like cartooning, painting, cooking or animating! You can create together in a virtual classroom – and share your art! (This link gives you $20 off your first class)
Buy a shout out from a Celebrity or Artist!
- Sites like Cameo allow you the chance to have your favorite singer, reality star, sports team give your party recipient a video message! This can be great is the recipient is a fan of a specific person or franchise! This is a gift with a big virtual wow factor!
- Sites like Fiverr have lots of artists that can create budget friendly videos for you! Puppets wishing your husband happy fathers day, or an animated video for a graduation shout out. The sky is the limit!
Send Video Messages & make into a Keepsake Video – One of the easiest ways to send love to someone is by video. With so many people having cell phones with a video feature, selfies have never been easier. Get a group together to make your recipient a video to remember!
- Have a theme. Ask everyone to video the answer to the same question or to sing the same song!
- Have a point person who gathers all the videos and uses simple editing software to weave them all together!
- Use a platform like YouTube or Vimeo to host and share your celebratory video!
Send Party Treats in the Mail!
- Send a Birthday Cake to a friend our loved one, without leaving the house!
- More resources on how to order a cake.
- Send Soup to wish someone a speedy recovery, and to get well soon!
- Send a loved ones cupcakes.
At the end of the day, the important thing isn’t the party. It’s the love!
Happy celebrating all the people you love, whether it be in person or virtually!